RACESENG Ashiko - Glossy Shift Knob
- Meet Ashiko, weighing in at 735 grams. The broad cylindrical surfaces make side-arm shifting effortless while providing a domed top face for palm shifting.
Customize the look of Ashiko by selecting one of our unique mirror powder coating finishes and optional shift gate pattern engraving (allow 1-2 weeks for engraving) in the box below.MASS!
Well, to put it as simply as we can, the heavier the knob, the easier it will make shifting feel. Its not magic, its physics. Weight in motion directly relates to how an object will react to an opposing force. In this case, the opposing force is the gate pattern and counter springs that are connected to your shift arm that tell you the shift pattern of your car. The difference felt when shifting into the next gear requires far less effort due to the additional momentum created by the increased mass.
- Whether side-arm or palm shifting from the top, Ashiko's shape is purposefully designed to make both shifting styles more enjoyable. The side surface is designed to fit the natural curvature of your hand and fingers as they wrap around the shift knob as you dictate direction and movement. The domed top surface is intended to compliment palm shifting, giving you an ideal surface area for confident shifting.
The mirror finish is achieved thru a meticulous powder coating process which includes multiple stages of careful hand work. The shift knobs come off our cnc machines with a super smooth surface finish, then they are gently glass beaded to promote powder coating adhesion. A smooth coat of electrostatically charged powder is applied and then the shift knob is precisely baked at a specific temperature to create a super smooth and durable finish!
THREADED ADAPTER KIT
- The Ashiko comes with a billet aluminum threaded adapter and threaded lock nut with a M12 x 1.25 thread to fit the shift knob to your GT86 / FR-S / BRZ shifter arm.
- When installed, the threaded adapter kit allows you to adjust the height and orientation of the shift knob with ease.
- The finishing touch on the Ashiko is our optional shift gate pattern engraving. After the Ashiko is powder coated, we put it back into our CNC machine to engrave the shift gate pattern. The stainless steel shows thru the powder coating which makes your shift gate pattern pop!
RACESENG DESIGN + CRAFTED
We design and develop our products in house! This capability allows us to create products like nothing you've ever seen or experienced. Our goal is to deliver products with a resounding sense of authenticity, where form and function fuel each other.
We manufacture our products in house! From cnc programming to machining production, our parts are made in house using our own manufacturing equipment. "Proudly made in the USA" may sound a bit cliche but that mantra is an integral part of the culture at Raceseng. Our joy lives in the process of crafting our own performance products.
1.62 lbs. | 735 grams
2 11/32" | 59.2 mm
2 3/32" | 52.8 mm
10 MINUTE INSTALL
RACESENG DESIGNED + CRAFTED
3 YEAR WARRANTY